I've decided that I'll be posting every Thursday with an update.
As a programmer I find that the hardest part of a project is getting it started. In this case, I need to brush up on my C# to really get things going, and I have to make sure that all my base objects will work with each other well before I can actually test to see if they do.
Although, I do have a good amount done already. I have a general idea how the story line runs (big chunks at the beginning and end are decided, as well as a few smatterings in the middle), and I have a fairly good idea what items, abilities, skills, classes, animals, monsters, etc. are going to be in the game.
It does feel a little like I'm biting off just enough to make chewing unpleasant. I spend half of my evenings working on Darkened Dreams 2, and the other half writing a Japanese textbook. They're both fairly early in, but I don't see myself dropping either of them.
This is my third time around on the Japanese textbook, and this time it's going to work. I've gone through numerous other books, both books in Japanese and textbooks for Japanese, and picked out everything that's worth teaching. It's all sitting in a database so that I can simply look up the concept I'm teaching and it tells me where all my sources are for it. This book is going to be awesome.
Then I remembered that this is the Darkened Dreams Game blog and not the Whatever Califer is Working on Blog. Anyways, I've got a lot planned for Darkened Dreams, and it's making steady progress. I should have an item-maker done by next week this time.
P.S. We're going to be setting up the main ideas for the GUI tonight. This is another instance where it's great to have artists on the team, since I'd probably end up making it look just like Darkened Dreams 1 :P