Once I had the map-maker working nicely I decided that it was time to implement those maps and start walking around. As it turns out, windows forms (which I'm using for the game-maker) and XNA (mentioned in a previous post) don't handle images the same way. Because of this I had to go back and spend a few hours modifying the way that the map data was saved and making the map maker still work correctly and display everything just as it used to.
The big downer about this is that if all you do it look at the running game-maker it looks like I didn't do anything even though I worked on it for two hours and got a lot of things cleaned up! Oh well, at least I'm getting closer.